Try to keep the document tight, set realistic goals, and identify who is responsible
for implementing and monitoring each aspect (what it means in practice, and
where, how, when, and by whom it will be addressed).
• members of the early childhood education community about the proposed
policy and seek feedback to modify the policy.
• any languages into which the policy could usefully be translated.
• the policy
• put the policy into practice.
• set regular times for reviewing and evaluating how far the practice reflects the
• Clearly define the purposes of the food policy and set out how these will be
• Provide an agreed implementation framework
• Ensure that policies support teaching and learning about healthy eating.
• Identify any training needed to support implementing the policy.